Saturday, April 18, 2009

April 16 - Trail Critters


Day 16 Journal Entry: I hiked 3.0 mi. from Bland to the AT and then 12.1 mi. on the AT for a total of 15.1 miles today. It was a gorgeous day with full sunshine and the temperature was probably around 65 deg. Suppose to get down to 38 deg. tonight, but no wind. It should be a good sleeping bag night. Physically I am starting to feel real well. Blisters are healing, no sore muscles and my lung capacity is improving everyday. I talked to Lawrence and Daniel this evening. I enjoyed the talks. I sent my soft shell coat home with Betty and added the weather band radio that Sara gave me for Xmas. It is nice to have a radio. Better sign off and get ready for bed. P. S. Warm weather = reptiles. I saw a black snake, garter snake and a lizard today.


No comments:

Post a Comment