Saturday, April 18, 2009

April 14 - Get water at your own risk


Day 14 Journal Entry: Last night was very pleasant with no rain. It started raining just as I was leaving camp at 8:30 am. It rained on me for about 3 hrs. and then stopped. The 11.7 mi. hike was pretty easy as there were only two 500 ft. climbs for the day. About 90% of the trail was well graded and that sure beats stumbling over rocks all day. Bland, VA is 2.5 mi. off the AT. As I was walking down the road to Bland a gentleman stopped and gave me a ride to the Big Walker Motel. Betty and the dogs are coming tomorrow and I am taking a down day. When I leave on Thurs. the weather is suppose to be nice for 3 or 4 days. That would be good. Cell phone reception is good here so I talked to Betty and Paul and Judy Wise tonight. Time to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment