Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Day 25 - Apr. 25






Flowers enroute to McAfee Knob - McAfee Knob - Roanoke Airport from McAfee knob - Views from Tinker Cliffs(2 pics)

Day 25 Journal Entry: Had a good start for the day when a gentleman gave me a 1.0 mile ride from the Catawba General Store to the AT. I then hiked the 10.4 miles to the Lamberts Meadow Shelter. It was a hot, about 85 deg., so I drank lots of water. Today's visibility was excellent so the views were great from McAfee Knob and Tinker Cliffs. To the west I could see beautiful valleys and to the east I could see Roanoke and the Roanoke airport. Shelter has one other thru hiker and several people hiking for the weekend. Two hikers that got here early watched the resident black snake catch a mouse. YEA SNAKE! Daleville tomorrow and a down day on Monday. Betty is suppose to visit. Can't wait. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment