Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Day 24 - Apr. 24




View from Dragon Tooth - General Store Sign - Catawba Valley General Store

Day 24 Journal Entry: I got up this morning and it was 48 deg. That makes getting going easier. However, this afternoon it was up in the low 80's. I hiked 12.6 miles today with a .8 mi. side trip to VA Hwy 624. Today there was a lot of up, down, up, down and rough trail. With the heat it was a draining day. Good news is that I got a ride from the AT to Catawba, VA and that I ate at the Home Place Restaurant. Meals were family style and I had fried chicken, roast beef, biscuits, potatoes, gravy, green beans, mac and cheese, and peach cobbler. Tonight I regained my appetite. The Catawba Valley General Store lets you pitch your tent in a small field or sleep on the floor in the garage/rec building for $3. What a deal. Sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment